My Hubby

7.03.2006

Yesturday was my hubby and I's second year anniversary of when he purposed. It does not feel like it has been two years already but I've learned you can't rely on your feelings to always tell you how it really is. Anyways we were thinking of heading up to the park where he got down on his knee and handed me a little red box that had a paper ring inside. Yup when I told him I did not care to a great extend as to what my engagment ring looked like he took it pretty seriously. I got a folded up piece of paper in the shape of a ring. The neat thing was I had no idea the real one was hidding in my own pants pocket the whole time. I had to unfold this piece of paper and read for myself. My hubby is great with surprises and doing the "expect the unexpected" things. I must say that I love him for his creativity too!! Right when I think things are good...he'll surprise me in someway with something that makes things.... well.... more then just goood! Some of the most meaningful things he has done have been quite simple. Like he will hear me talk about how much I crave a certain food and since we don't always have handy what I am craving, weeks later he'll surprises me with dinner of a mixture of the things I had been craving earlier. On valentines day he bought a whole bag of conversation hearts (they are my fav valentines candy.) and for weeks leading up to Feburary 14th I would find these little hearts hidding in random places around our apartment. I am very thankful for the little things my hubby does to show he cares. This weekend my hubby brought me home again...so we didn't get to go to the park where he purposed...but it means a lot that he was willing and interested in spending time back in Canada my home town, with my parents, brother and of course my dog. I will write about this past weekend tomorrow purhaps. I got some good pics too.

Have a great July 4th to you Americans and I hope Canada Day was a great one for you Canadians. I'm glad I can be a part of both celebrations...the more fireworks I see the better.lol

3 comments :

  1. WHAT!!! You're UP HERE!!!! and you haven't called!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shash

    I wiss I had more time up here to drop by. We were at the cottage up North till yesturday around 7am (we slepted most of yesturday!) :) and today we have to go home. Hubby must work tomorrow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrads on the anniversary for the engagement! I remember the day I found out! Hope next time your up I can come and visit you! Or maybe I'll make a road-trip down to see you.

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs