Oh Christmas Tree...and Other Things

12.02.2010

 The hubby and I decided instead of gifts for each others Birthdays/Christmas....we would pull the money we received and purchase a new camera......this is what we got.....


Now compared to some of the beautiful image taking devices some of you have out there its not as fancy...but for a bridge camera it's almost exactly what we were looking for....or maybe I should say I was looking for?! I'm so thankful we were able to have it for the long Thanksgiving weekend and our tree hunting trip.  



Thanksgiving weekend was spent shopping and decorating our Christmas Tree.  I will be hosting Christmas at our house this year yay!! and since we will actually be home we thought we'd enjoy the sight and smell of real pine.  

I'm really looking forward to starting some of our own family traditions this year being home.  
What are some of your Christmas traditions?
Growing up for me....Christmas Eve was spent attending a Christmas eve service at our church, which was then followed by snack and family time. We always opened one gift before bed too.  This gift you always knew what it was....just not any details about it.  The gift was always p.j's nice, comfy, warm p.j's!




It was bitter cold and very windy out....so we had to pick out our tree rather quickly. I couldn't keep up with little K's runny nose...it just wouldn't stop.  I'm so glad little K didn't mind the cold though. I'm sure she would of stayed outside all day if we had let her! She's so tough....unlike her mommy. 
Funny thing is I'm the one that grew up in Canada...you'd think I'd be more tough skinned then the Hubby and little K combined. 

We have far to much fun with our little Kay. When she is older she is going to look back on all these silly things we made her do and I'm sure be so embarrassed lol....but isn't it part of the job description of being a parent.... embarrassing our children. 


Now if only it would snow ;)

-alicia ♥

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs